At The Maypole Project you’ll find talented people working together to provide vital emotional support to children with complex medical needs and their families.
The work you do will have a direct impact on people’s lives, so if you’re ready to explore your potential, this could be the place for you.
Maypole Activities Assistant: Youth Work (Jack Petchey Internship)
Responsible to: Phillip Price, Activities Manager
An exciting 12 month position has become available for a full-time Youth Worker (Internship) to join The Maypole Project team.
The successful candidate will earn £20,000 per annum and will be in post by 30th April
Your role will be to develop our support services and increase engagement for 11 – 25 year olds affected by complex medical needs. Your role will be to promote the personal, educational, creative, and social developments of young people, helping them reach their full potential. Helping to create a safe and supportive environment where young people learn and grow. The post holder will develop their personal knowledge in this specialist area of youth activity provision.
This role is funded by the Jack Petchey Foundation and includes enrolment in both the Jack Petchey mentoring programme and Internship development programme.
- Friendly, cheerful, positive and self-driven, able to work independently and as part of a Team
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to quickly establish positive relationships with young people and motivate them to participate in activities and events
- Good organisational and administration skills
- Understanding and appreciation of the importance of monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to prioritise effectively and enjoy multi-tasking in a busy environment
- Able to understand safeguarding children and young people and how to maintain appropriate professional boundaries
- including the attendance in the Jack Petchey internship programme
- A working understanding of equality and diversity with the ability to challenge discriminatory behaviour.
- Engagement: Liaison with existing Maypole families to engage children and young people 11 years to 25.
- Engagement: Identify ways to increase outreach to 11 – 25 year olds across South East London and Essex.
- Assisting in the planning and development of specific activities and clubs.
- Assisting in the development of new activities in online formats with associated guidelines, training and policies.
- Attendance at these activities – moving to Activities Lead as appropriate. (training provided)
- Collation and update of information and statistics on service provision and uptake
- Gathering feedback from young people attending via survey and interview to evaluate our services
- Co-facilitating the focus group of children and young people engaging in activities.
- Attending family assessment meetings
- Administrative and Organisational Support:
- Support to the whole support team, including diary planning, meeting co-ordination (to include team meetings) and family support administration
- Attending meetings with Support Team members, as appropriate
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic organisation
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skillset
- Be part of the Jack Petchey Intern Programme for more information on this programme please follow this link www.jackpetcheyfoundation.org.uk/opportunities/internships/
About The Maypole Project
The Maypole Project provides a lifeline of support for children with complex and life threatening illnesses and their whole family; aiming to relieve and help preserve the mental and physical well-being of children and young people who have complex medical needs. We provide a range of support services to all members of the family from diagnosis through treatment and beyond.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by call us on 01689 851596 in the first instance to discuss the role. We will then send you an application form. Once we have received your application we will shortlist and from this you will be informed of the outcome and if applicable invited to a formal interview. Two references and a DBS check are essential before you can start this role. Induction and training will be provided.
Please apply by 5pm Friday 26th March
Click here to find out more about our volunteering opportunities.